16 July 2006

I Miss Grandma

My grandmother died four years ago, today. I miss her. I doubt very much that I would be in the predicament that I'm current in were she still alive, today.

She died while I was in the hospital, so I never got to see her or say goodbye. She had fallen down in the house and broken some bones. She went to Greenwich Hospital, even though I had begged her to come to Westchester Medical Center, where I was (I was in for my depression/suicide, but at least I would have been able to see her). So Greenwich sent her to a nursing home for rehab, and they sent her to King Street Nursing Home. She had an aneurysm early in the morning, after a nurse came in and gave her her medications.

I really miss her, and wish I could be with her right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment