Just how much do you know about AIDS and HIV (the virus that is suspected of causing AIDS)? Test your knowledge on HIV/AIDS. Even if you think you know everthing that there is to know, why not visit a few sites and learn just a little bit more, and then tell other people what you know.
AmFAR has a lot of information about HIV and AIDS, and breaks down a lot of statistics into easy-to-understand plain English. It's a great resource site. Some other sites that you'll want to check out to expand your knowledge, and let your friends/colleagues know about them are:
- World AIDS Day, 2006: 25 Years of AIDS, 25 Million Reasons to Take Action
- What it's all about: World AIDS Day 2006
- Remembering those who have been lost to AIDS: The AIDS Quilt Memorial
- AIDS and its effect on the world's children: World Vision offers another version (requires Flash) where you can test your knowledge as to just how AIDS has impacted global youth (I only managed to get 60% of the questions correct).
- The United Nations on World AIDS Day: Stop AIDS, Keep the Promise
- The White House on World AIDS Day: Fact Sheet
- Finally, why not Light a Candle Light To Unite in the fight against HIV/AIDS?