World AIDS Day 2006
Today is World AIDS Day. What are you doing to increase awareness, and remember those who have passed into another realm as a result of being defeated by this deadly disease?
Just how much do you know about AIDS and HIV (the virus that is suspected of causing AIDS)? Test your knowledge on HIV/AIDS. Even if you think you know everthing that there is to know, why not visit a few sites and learn just a little bit more, and then tell other people what you know.
AmFAR has a lot of information about HIV and AIDS, and breaks down a lot of statistics into easy-to-understand plain English. It's a great resource site. Some other sites that you'll want to check out to expand your knowledge, and let your friends/colleagues know about them are:
- World AIDS Day, 2006: 25 Years of AIDS, 25 Million Reasons to Take Action
- What it's all about: World AIDS Day 2006
- Remembering those who have been lost to AIDS: The AIDS Quilt Memorial
- AIDS and its effect on the world's children: World Vision offers another version (requires Flash) where you can test your knowledge as to just how AIDS has impacted global youth (I only managed to get 60% of the questions correct).
- The United Nations on World AIDS Day: Stop AIDS, Keep the Promise
- The White House on World AIDS Day: Fact Sheet
- Finally, why not Light a Candle Light To Unite in the fight against HIV/AIDS?