12 December 2007

Jodie Foster comes out... finally - Times Online

Wow, this is something I really wasn't expecting, nor did I know about. My good friend, Stacey, must be totally wet by now. I'm going to have to get her a bib for all the drooling she's done over Jodi in her life. But I would like to respond to some of the comments in the article:

Jodie Foster comes out... finally - Times Online
“It is her life to live as she pleases. Why do so many gays worry about who is and who is not gay?” asked one reader.
The reasons that so many gars worry about who is and who is not gay are, I believe,
  • We like to know that we might have a chance withe the people we're fantasizing about
  • When people come out, it helps erode the hatred and prejudice in the form of homophobia. Most people who are homophobic either themselves are gay or they just don't know any better. For those who don't know any better, and I know I'm making sweeping generalizations here but for the most part, they're accurate, these are the types of people who watch Oprah and are influenced by celebrities. So when a famous celebrity comes out, it sometimes gives these people pause and they might just rethink their feelings/beliefs toward us gay folk.
  • I can't think of anything else right now but if you can, just leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I'll update this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment