14 May 2008

Finally got my hair cut

So Mom paid for me to get my hair done today--finally!

Here's the most recent picture I have of me before the cut (it was taken approximately one month ago so you'll have to imagine my hair approximately another half-inch longer, not that you can really tell how long it was in the photo because my hair becomes curly when it gets long--stepping out of the shower with my hair soaking wet, my hair would hit the nape of my back (you know, that spot between your shoulder blades where there's like a "hole" in your back right below the shoulders), which is pretty darned long--and I hadn't bothered to shave in a while):


And here we are this afternoon, after the cut (Mom took this photo of me with my camera phone, a Sprint Sanyo MM-8300 -- completely outdated but I'm waiting for the 2.0 megapixel camera phones to come out before I upgrade):


And here we are inside; I took this one myself, so it's not quite as good, and the lighting was kinda crappy. Plus it's a camera phone pic, so whaddya want from me?

Not having hair with split ends that's unmanageably long (however did I wear my hair that length in high school?????) has done wonders for my self-image. Now, if only I could afford to get it coloured again. We'll have to check into that. But my Depression (with a Capital "D") lifted a little today after the cut.

As you can see in the last picture, it's still a bit curly. I asked him to leave it long-ish. I'm going to have to see if I can get it to be a wee bit less curly (perhaps with less humidity and more gel?), as I usually prefer it to be wavy. But maybe now I can do stuff with my hair again and not have it look all unkempt and wild and what not.

Details: My hair was cut & styled by "Larry" At Domani Hair Spa, 12 Seneca Road, Bloomfield, CT 06002. The price was reasonable--about what I was expecting to have to pay for a salon shampoo, cut & style, although it wasn't nearly as "luxurious" as some of the NY salons can be (no free coffee/tea/finger foods, etc.) I would recommend him. He wasn't overly chatty but he was friendly and he did do a good job, don't you think?

All in all it was a pleasant day out with Mom, and I'm feeling a little bit better about myself. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment