1) EAT ALMONDS
2) DRINK APPLE JUICE
3) SLEEP WELL
4) ENJOY SIMPLE PLEASURESStress drains our brainpower. A stress-ridden mind consumes much of our memory resources to leave us with a feeble mind. Make a habit to engage yourself in few simple pleasures everyday to dissolve stress from your mind. Some of these simple pleasures are good for your mind, body and soul.
- Enjoy music you love
- Play with your children
- Hug a stranger :p
- Appreciate others
- Run few miles a day, bike or swim
- Start a blog
- Take a yoga class or Total Wellness routine
5) FAST FOR A DAYFasting cleans and detoxifies our body. It is known fact that heavy food not only causes stress on our digestive system but also drains our brainpower. Fasting relieves toxic emotions such as anger, grief, worry, and fears –before they accumulate and cause disease. By cleansing toxic emotions, fasting strengthens mental clarity, which increases
memory, concentration, creativity and insight.
6) EXERCISE YOUR MINDJust as physical exercise is essential for a strong body, mental exercise is equally essential for a sharp and agile mind. Have you noticed that children have far superior brainpower than an adult does? Children have playful minds. A playful mind exhibits superior memory power. Engage in some of the activities that require your mind to remain active and playful.
- Play scrabble or crossword puzzle
- Interact with others
- Start a new hobby such as blogging, reading, painting, bird watching
- Learn new skill or a language
7) PRACTICE YOGA OR MEDITATIONYoga or Meditation relives stress. Stress is a known memory buster. With less stress,
lower blood pressure, slower respiration, slower metabolism, and released muscle
tension follows. All of these factors contribute significantly towards increases in our brainpower.
8) EAT A LIGHT MEAL IN THE NIGHTA heavy meal at night causes tossing and turning and a prolonged emotional stress while at sleep. Eating a light meal with some fruits allows us to sleep well. A good night sleep
strengthens our brainpower.
9) DEVELOP IMAGINATIONGreeks mastered the principle of imagination and association to memorize everything. This technique requires one to develop a vivid and colorful imagination that can be linked to a known object. If you involve all your senses –touching, feeling, smelling, hearing and seeing in the imagination process, you can remember greater details of the event.
10) CONTROL YOUR TEMPERBleached food, excess of starch or excess of white bread can lead to nerve grating effect.
This results in a violent and some time depressive behavior. Eat fresh vegetables. Drink lots of water and meditate or practice yoga to relieve these toxic emotions of temper and violent mood swings.