09 April 2019

Freebies from Google One



 Google One
Google occasionally offers time-limited freebies and other benefits for members of their Google One service—where you pay for extra services such as increased storage (spanning across all of Google's cloud-based services including Drive, Photos, Docs, Calendar, etc.), which they provide at rates starting at $1.99/month for an extra 100GB to $9.99/month for an extra 2TB all the way up to 30TB at $299/month. They do offer a discount for prepaying annually. 

I'm at the 2TB/month tier out of sheer necessity. A few years ago my Google Storage went over the 100GB mark so I had to upgrade to what then was 1TB for $9.99/month. When Google One rolled out, they doubled that 1TB to 2TB at no charge as the very first benefit I received for enrolling in Google One.

Screenshot of Support Page for Google One members

Also included with any Google One membership is a direct link to customer service support, including an option to speak (as in on the phone) to a Google customer service representative. The best part about this is that when you call the number provided, you're directly connected with a representative—there's no navigating those confusing, computerized communications menus.šŸ˜²

So if you're a Google One member, log into your app (for Android devices) or visit their website and see what benefits await for you. I just received a Google Home Mini for free, shipping included. All I did was log into the app, check my benefits and click on the offer to receive it.

When I chose my color and added it to my cart to check out, the redemption code was already copied in. I verified my shipping details and clicked order. I can't wait to receive it and hopefully ease my mum into using it as a more convenient way of doing things at home as she still hasn't taken to using a smartphone.
Google One Benefits Page Screen Capture

In the past, I've received free discounts on Google Play purchases (not only in the App store but also in Books and TV & Movies).

So tell me in the comments, do you use Google One and if so, what benefits have you received so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment