13 January 2020

Please Help -- I'm Homeless!

It's official: I've officially just been registered as a homeless person in CT's Coordinated Access Network (CAN) for homeless persons. I am not one who has an easy time asking for help but right now, I need all the help I can get.

I would truly appreciate any amount of money you can spare to help me get back on my feet. I can accept funds via the following methods:
  • PayPal
  • CashApp
  • Google Pay (send to my email address pcfrank73@gmail.com)
  • Zelle (bank transfers) via pcfrank73@gmail.com or 914-417-9579.
  • Venmo
  • Amazon (I can always use gift cards for Amazon to get things I need, such as clothing, food, household supplies, etc.)
I had been staying with the relative of a friend for the past few months, ever since I had to move out of my mother's apartment when she lost her fourth battle against breast cancer. Unfortunately, we both now are homeless and instead of expressing to me what was going on constructively, this person chose to pick a fight with me, as you can see in the video, below or watch on my YouTube channel:


I am now homeless, without money, in a load of debt, and need your help.

This is where I had been sleeping since September 2019:

This is where I've been sleeping for the past few months
since my mother passed away--literally on the floor.

As you can see, I've literally been on the floor. Most of my possessions are gone, having been thrown out by relatives who were "cleaning out" mom's apartment.

The only regret I do not have is losing my subsidized housing in New York when I came up here to Hartford, CT a couple of years ago to help take care of mom when her breast cancer came back a fourth time. I stayed up here so long that I wound up losing my housing voucher, and I don't regret it. When that happened, I began building a life in this area.

Although most of my time was dedicated to dealing with my mother, I was able to join the community in Hartford, CT. I helped out with their LGBTQ pride festival and re-engaged in politics, joining the town's Republican Committee as a progressive Republican.

I'd very much like to continue building the life I had started building up here when I came to take care of my mother. While I don't know very many people and have few contacts, I believe that Hartford, CT is ripe for a rebirth and I look forward to being part of it.

I am so grateful to you for keeping up with me, checking in on me, seeing how I'm doing, and whatever other support and assistance you can provide to help me get back on my feet and start living again.

This is me, Peter C. Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment